Work Visas

If you want to work in the U.S. temporarily as a non-immigrant, under U.S. immigration law, you need a specific visa based on the type of work you will be doing. Most temporary worker categories require that the applicant’s prospective employer or agent to file a petition which must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you can apply for a visa.

Temporary Workers can include, but are not limited to:

  • Foreign nationals with extraordinary ability in Sciences, Arts, Education, Business or Athletics (O visas)
  • International cultural exchange visitors (Q visas)
  • Intra-company transferees (L visas)
  • Performing athletes, artists, entertainers (P visas)
  • Specialty occupations in fields requiring highly specialized knowledge (H-1B)
  • Temporary agricultural workers (H-2A)
  • Temporary workers performing other services or labor of a temporary or seasonal nature (H-2B)
  • Training in a program not primarily for employment (H-3)